If you have an Employment opportunity and would like to post it here, please contact the President Elect of the OSRC at firstname.lastname@example.org
AARC has a job board: Click Here to see AARC Job Board
Respiratory Care Practitioner - Legacy Health
Legacy Silverton Medical Center
Performs respiratory therapy, ventilator management, code team, EKG, and other duties, which may include exercise stress testing and pulmonary function testing. Duties are performed according to physician's orders, utilizing knowledge and judgment in regard to technique and patient treatment. The Respiratory Care Practitioner is responsible for adult, geriatric, pediatric and neonatal patient respiratory care and the performance of technical duties as a member of the healthcare team.
This position is part of Legacy Silverton Medical Center, a community hospital located in the heart of Oregon's Willamette Valley, just 20 minutes east of Salem, Oregon's state capital, and approximately 30 miles south of Portland.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
For employees hired on or after January 16, 2011, minimum of an Associate degree in Respiratory Therapy from a program accredited by the Committee On Accreditation for Respiratory Care (COARC) or accredited by the American Medical Association’s Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation (CAHEA).
One-year experience preferred. Basic familiarity with computers preferred.
Current applicable state Respiratory Care Practitioner/RT (RCPRT) license required.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) advanced practitioner credential by the NBRC preferred.
Current CPR/BLS certification required.
ACLS and/or PALS required within one year.
NRP required within one year.
Curry General Hospital
Provides direct and indirect patient care in the hospital and outpatient setting. Function as liaison between patients, physicians and other healthcare providers. Communicates with physicians, Director, house supervisors, and co-workers as appropriate about changes in patient's cardiopulmonary status including results of diagnostic studies and changing symptoms. Must respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment.
- Perform routine respiratory therapy responsibilities considering needs specific to the standard of care for the patient's age.
- Demonstrate knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
- Perform emergent cardiopulmonary interventions considering needs specific to the standard of care for the patient's age, including emergency assisted ventilation and respiratory duties
- Treat patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identify and address psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families.
- Performs administrative duties such as therapy documentation and charting, and charge capturing. Responsible for cleaning and maintaining equipment, performing safety checks, and ordering supplies as needed.
- Familiar with Policies, Procedures, and Protocols. Care and Documentation meets current standards of practice and complies with all such guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the department and in accordance with Curry Health Networks Mission, Vision and Shared Values.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Current Unencumbered Respiratory Therapy Certification. Oregon State Registered Respiratory Therapy Licensure is required within 6 months of hire.
- Current American Heart Association ACLS and BLS certification is required.
- Must obtain PALS or ENPC, TNCC, NRP and STABLE certifications within 6 months of hire.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a healthcare setting is required.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Moderate computer skills are required, specifically using MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook); prior use of an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) for documenting in patient records is preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- A demonstrated ability to work well in high pressure situations is required
Curry Health Network is owned and operated by Curry Health District, and is comprised of a hospital and several medical clinics - all located on the southern Oregon coast. Curry General Hospital in Gold Beach is your community hospital; Curry Medical Practice is located in the hospital campus. Curry Medical Center with Primary Care, Specialty Care and Same Day/Urgent Care services is located in Brookings, Oregon. To the north, Curry Family Medical in Port Orford rounds out the list of Network facilities which all fully support your community hospital. Curry Health Network is committed to providing high quality, great service, close to home.
Position Type: Pool/PRN/Per Diem
Ref Code: 2018-000 Per Diem
Closing Date: 08/20/2018
Legacy Emanuel Hospital
Click on this link to apply – Continue by clicking the "Find Jobs" tab twice – See pages 38 & 39.
Job Description-Respiratory Care Practitioner
Performs respiratory therapy, ventilator management, code team, EKG, and other duties which may include exercise stress testing and pulmonary function testing. Duties are performed according to physician’s orders, utilizing knowledge and judgement in regard to technique and patient treatment. The Respiratory Care Practitioner is responsible for adult, geriatric, pediatric and neonatal patient respiratory care and the performance of technical duties as a member of the health care team.
Education: For employees hired on or after January 16, 2011, a minimum of an Associate degree in Respiratory Therapy from a program accredited by the Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (COARC) or accredited by the American Medical Association’s Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation (CAHEA)
Experience: One year experience preferred. Basic familiarity with computers preferred.
Licensure/Certification: Current applicable State Respiratory Care Practitioner/RT (RCPRT) license required. Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) Advanced practitioner credential by the NBRC preferred. Current CPR/BLS certification required. ACLS and/or PALS required within one year. NRP required within one year.
Knowledge/Skills: Supports and Models the Legacy Preferred Employee Profile.
Coquille Valley Hospital
CVH provides 24-hour emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical, and pediatric care together with an extensive array of clinical support services. Coquille Valley Hospital is a designated Critical Access hospital with a Level IV Trauma Certification. The hospital’s goal is to provide high quality services for the communities that it serves. That primary service area includes the Oregon communities of Coquille, Myrtle Point, Powers, Bridge, Fairview and a number of neighboring communities within the Coquille River Valley, comprising a population of approximately 12,000 to 13,000 residents.
Currently recruiting for a Registered Respiratory Therapist who will provide effective respiratory care through approved client assessment, diagnostics, therapeutics and education. Provision of services is initiated by physician order and approved protocols.
Samaritan Health Services offers an exceptional benefits package!
To apply online for this position, or for additional information about employment opportunities with Samaritan Health Services, please visit our website Here
- Oregon Respiratory Care license required or eligible
- Current registration by National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC-RRT) required
- Healthcare Provider BLS required or eligible (AHA)
- Certification in ACLS, NRP, and PALS required within one (1) year of hire.
- Two (2) years clinical experience in Respiratory Care preferred
- Casual to Full Time
- Shift- Varies
- Weekend requirement – Varies