Respiratory Therapist | Curry General Hospital | Gold Beach, OR
Provides direct and indirect patient care in the hospital and outpatient setting. Function as liaison between patients, physicians and other healthcare providers. Communicates with physicians, Director, house supervisors, and co-workers as appropriate about changes in patient’s cardiopulmonary status including results of diagnostic studies and changing symptoms. Must respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment.
- Perform routine respiratory therapy responsibilities considering needs specific to the standard of care for the patient’s age.
- Demonstrate knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
- Perform emergent cardiopulmonary interventions considering needs specific to the standard of care for the patient’s age, including emergency assisted ventilation and respiratory duties
- Treat patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identify and address psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families.
- Performs administrative duties such as therapy documentation and charting, and charge capturing. Responsible for cleaning and maintaining equipment, performing safety checks, and ordering supplies as needed.
- Familiar with Policies, Procedures, and Protocols. Care and Documentation meets current standards of practice and complies with all such guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the department and in accordance with Curry Health Networks Mission, Vision and Shared Values.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Current Unencumbered Respiratory Therapy Certification. Oregon State Registered Respiratory Therapy Licensure is required within 6 months of hire.
- Current American Heart Association ACLS and BLS certification is required.
- Must obtain PALS or ENPC, TNCC, NRP and STABLE certifications within 6 months of hire.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a healthcare setting is required.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Moderate computer skills are required, specifically using MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook); prior use of an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) for documenting in patient records is preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- A demonstrated ability to work well in high pressure situations is required
Curry Health Network is owned and operated by Curry Health District, and is comprised of a hospital and several medical clinics – all located on the southern Oregon coast. Curry General Hospital in Gold Beach is your community hospital; Curry Medical Practice is located in the hospital campus. Curry Medical Center with Primary Care, Specialty Care and Same Day/Urgent Care services is located in Brookings, Oregon. To the north, Curry Family Medical in Port Orford rounds out the list of Network facilities which all fully support your community hospital. Curry Health Network is committed to providing high quality, great service, close to home.
Position Type: Pool/PRN/Per Diem
Ref Code: 2018-000 Per Diem
Closing Date: 08/20/2018