Respiratory Care Practitioner 2 | ASANTE | Southern, OR
Asante is more than a great hospital system in an amazing location. We are a community of passionate providers and service-focused caregivers who collaborate to deliver amazing patient outcomes; a place where titles don’t matter as much as your creativity, drive, and passion.
Our culture, values and people create an environment of sustained medical excellence. All three Asante hospitals have earned five stars from CMS for overall quality — the top rating given. In fact, Asante accounts for three of the five Oregon hospitals to achieve this rare honor. You can see our many other quality awards and accolades HERE.
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante’s entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values – traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence – Respect – Honesty – Service – Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
The Respiratory Care Practitioner 2 at Asante is an Advanced Respiratory Care Practitioner has acquired additional credentialing and competencies as outlined in the Respiratory Critical Care Orientation, Respiratory Care Services Competency Evaluation and Respiratory Care Services’ Career Ladder, in one or more of the following: Adult Critical Care, Pediatric Care, Neonatal Care, Pulmonary Function Technology, Team leadership. The RCP-2 may enable the practitioner to perform respiratory care duties in the adult intensive care units, attend to patients in the ER and/or provide pediatric floor care if applicable. Responsibilities may also include management of blood gas labs, as assigned for specific job roles.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s in Respiratory Therapy preferred.
- Successful applicants should have experience specific to the posted Advanced Practitioner specialty position. Such experience should indicate that the applicant would be able to demonstrate advanced competencies after completion of orientation(s).
- Respiratory Therapist (RT-P) licensed by Oregon Health Licensing Office (HLO) required upon start
- Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) certified by American Heart Association (AHA) required upon start
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Instructor certification by the American Heart Association (AHA) is required for AACH only (preferred for ARRMC and ATRMC)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) Instructor certification issued by American Heart Association (AHA) preferred
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certified from American Heart Association preferred
- Critical thinking skills as well as effective communication skills
- Ability to assess the patient/situation, analyze the data, formulate a plan, and then implement the plan
- Ability to function effectively in a team environment utilizing consistent and appropriate communication as both a team member and leader
What We Offer
- Competitive starting wage
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
- Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
- Generous Earned Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
Interested? Contact Tara Baker at Tara.Baker@asante.org