Registered Respiratory Therapist – CGH & CMC EC | Curry Health Network
Note: There are currently multiple full-time day shift and night shift positions available. These positions may serve both Curry General Hospital (CGH) in Gold Beach, OR and Curry Medical Center-Emergency Care (CMC EC) in Brookings, OR.
Provides direct and indirect patient care in the hospital and outpatient setting. Function as liaison between patients, physicians and other healthcare providers. Communicates with physicians, Director, house supervisors, and co-workers as appropriate about changes in patient’s cardiopulmonary status including results of diagnostic studies and changing symptoms. Must respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment.
- Perform routine respiratory therapy responsibilities considering needs specific to the standard of care for the patient’s age.
- Demonstrate knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
- Perform emergent cardiopulmonary interventions considering needs specific to the standard of care for the patient’s age, including emergency assisted ventilation and respiratory duties
- Treat patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identify and address psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families.
- Performs administrative duties such as therapy documentation and charting, and charge capturing. Responsible for cleaning and maintaining equipment, performing safety checks, and ordering supplies as needed.
- Familiar with Policies, Procedures, and Protocols. Care and Documentation meets current standards of practice and complies with all such guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned to support the overall effectiveness of the department and organizational performance in accordance with Curry Health Network’s Mission, Vision and Shared Values.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Current unencumbered NBRC RRT Certification and Oregon Health Authority RRT license is required.
- Current American Heart Association ACLS and BLS certification is required.
- Must obtain PALS or ENPC, and TNCC certifications within 6 months of hire.
- Minimum of 1 year experience working as an RRT in an acute care and emergency setting is required; 2 years preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Moderate computer skills are required, specifically using MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook); prior use of an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) for documenting in patient records is preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- A demonstrated ability to work well in high pressure situations is required.
Curry Health Network (a dba of Curry Health District) is comprised of a hospital and several medical clinics located on the southern Oregon coast. Curry Health Network is an Oregon special health district, a form of local government and municipal corporation that has been granted 501(c)(3) status by the Internal Revenue Service, and as such, has the exemptions and rights that such status affords.
Curry General Hospital in Gold Beach, a critical access hospital and the sole hospital in Curry County, is your community hospital and Curry Medical Practice offers primary and specialty care and is located within the hospital. Curry Medical Center in Brookings offers primary, specialty and same day care services in addition to 24/7 emergency department services. Primary care services are also available at Curry Family Medical, our medical clinic which serves Port Orford. Curry Health Network is committed to providing high quality health care with service excellence, close to home.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Other
Ref Code: 01803G, 05G, 06501B, 02B, 03B