Director of Clinical Education – RC | Mt. Hood Community College | Gresham Campus, Oregon
The salary range for this position is $57,564 to $78,336 per year based upon education and experience. The successful hire must live within commuting distance to the Gresham campus in order to be available on-site.
Responsible for the organization, continuous review, planning, development, and general effectiveness of clinical experiences of students enrolled in the Respiratory Care program. Facilitates compliance with the requirements of affiliate hospitals and the program’s external accrediting agency, Committee for the Accreditation of Respiratory Care (CoARC). Assists with the instruction of lecture, laboratory and clinical courses taught in the Respiratory Care program.
- Acts as the primary liaison between the college and affiliate hospitals to facilitate student instruction and student compliance with hospital requirements. Facilitates reporting and follow-through with any incidence of accident, infectious exposure and issues with preceptors or other clinical personnel. Reviews and makes recommendations about affiliate agreements and contracts.
- Assists in the identification, selection, training of and communications with clinical instructors.
- Develops, continuously reviews and updates the objectives and evaluation tools for all clinical courses to facilitate parallel instruction.
- Develops, updates and disseminates the student assignment schedule and course syllabi for all clinical courses each term.
- Facilitates and monitors physician-student interaction as required by the accrediting agency (CoARC).
- Collects relevant evaluations and projects, and issues the overall term grade for all clinical courses to assure inter-rater reliability and uniform clinical grading and student feedback.
- Assists in the maintenance of the program’s accreditation. Contributes to the regular reporting of required information to the program’s accreditation agency (CoARC).
- Assists in the selection of student applicants by collaborating with the Program Director, MHCC faculty and the college admissions office. Assists in advising students in the program.
- Meets and communicates regularly with the Program Director and Medical Director to facilitate clinical instruction and compliance with accreditation requirements. Meets with the program’s advisory committee to facilitate communication regarding comments or suggestions relevant to issues of clinical instruction. Assists the Program Director with the agenda of the advisory committee and selection of members for the committee.
- Assists with the instruction of lecture, laboratory and clinical courses taught in the program.
- Assists with identifying the program’s supply needs, instructional material, and equipment replacement, purchase and repair. Provides input into the development of the program budget.
- Represents and promulgates the program and division campus-wide and in off-campus community forums.
- Participates in college committee work as required.
- Performs all other appropriate/related duties as assigned
Minimum and Desired Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from an academic institution accredited by a regional or national accrediting agency that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE).
- Four (4) years of experience as a Registered Respiratory Therapist, of which at least two (2) years includes clinical respiratory care.
- Two (2) years of experience teaching in an accredited respiratory care program either as an appointed faculty member or as a clinical preceptor.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential from the National Board for Respiratory Care.
- State of Oregon professional license as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP).
- Demonstrated experience advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Demonstrated experience implementing culturally-responsive and culturally-relevant practices in program and curricular development.
- Masters or doctorate degree from an institution that is accredited by a regional or national accrediting agency.
Additional Qualifications and/or Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to formulate policies and procedures.
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate meetings.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to work with and promote access for diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
- Ability to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Knowledge of and ability to implement culturally-responsive and culturally-relevant practices in program and curricular development.
Working Conditions and Important Information
Work is typically performed in an office, classroom or clinical environment. Regular local travel to affiliate hospitals and advisory committee meetings is required.
The salary range is $57,564 to $78,336 per year based upon education and experience. Position subject to budget consideration and approval. For the candidate who is hired into this position, salary placement will be based on guidelines in the faculty association agreement to assess education and experience. For this reason, please be sure to include everything in your application that you want the college to consider towards placement. Any appeals to placement must be submitted in writing to the human resources recruitment specialist no later than one week after an offer is made. Salary placement will be based on applicable education and/or years of relevant full-time equivalent experience at the sole discretion of the College, per the guidelines in the applicable Collective Bargaining Agreement. Please include all relevant education and full and part-time experience in your application that you want the College to review towards potential placement. Hired employees will not have an opportunity to update past education and/or experience or appeal initial placement after the time of hire.
MHCC only accepts applications through our online application system at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/mhcc/default.cfm. For technical assistance, please call 855-524-5627.
Please note: We do not request or read letters of recommendation. Also, it is not necessary to upload a large number of documents with your materials. We are looking for the required documents. Faculty applications require a current resume, cover letter and official transcripts (copies are fine for application purposes) and/or any required certificates or licenses.
Please note: this is initially a self-screening system. We recognize that our application process can be lengthy, so before you begin, please read all of the stated requirements to determine if you meet them. Applicants must meet all of the stated minimum qualifications and additional requirements to be considered for this position. Based on your responses to the qualifying questions, the system may automatically screen you out from further consideration.
Final candidates will be subject to a criminal background check as part of the employment process.
MHCC is NOT able to support Visa applications for employment at the college. Applicants must already be eligible to work in the United States to be considered.
MHCC provides qualifying veterans and disabled veterans with preference in employment in accordance with ORS 408.225, 408.230, and 408.235; OAR 105-040-0010 and 105-040-0015.
Qualifying veterans and disabled veterans may obtain preference by submitting as verification of eligibility a copy of the Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214 or 215) or a letter from the US Dept. of Veteran’s Affairs indicating receipt of a non-service connected pension to your application. Disabled Veterans must also submit a copy of their Veteran’s disability preference letter from the Dept. of Veteran Affairs, unless the information is included in the DD Form 214 or 215.
If you are seeking this preference, appropriate documentation must be provided at the time of application. You may submit an electronic copy in the document upload area of the application in the section marked “veterans’ preference document,” or fax to 503-491-7257 or mail to Human Resources, Mt. Hood Community College, Gresham, OR 97030. If you do not have your documentation, you may request it through your Veterans’ Administration Office.
Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and interview process. Please notify Human Resources at least three working days prior to the date of need.
Mt. Hood Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively supports workforce diversity.