Cardiopulmonary Diagnostic Technologist | ASANTE | Southern, OR
Asante is more than a great hospital system in an amazing location. We are a community of passionate providers and service-focused caregivers who collaborate to deliver amazing patient outcomes; a place where titles don’t matter as much as your creativity, drive, and passion.
Our culture, values and people create an environment of sustained medical excellence. All three Asante hospitals have earned five stars from CMS for overall quality — the top rating given. In fact, Asante accounts for three of the five Oregon hospitals to achieve this rare honor. You can see our many other quality awards and accolades HERE.
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante’s entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values – traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence – Respect – Honesty – Service – Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
The Cardiopulmonary Diagnostic Technologist responsibilities include cardiac and cardiopulmonary stress testing, pulmonary function testing as well as setting up holter monitors, event monitors and scanning holter studies. Responsibilities are not limited to this and may also include other duties such as tilt table testing, delivering EECP therapy, and performing arterial blood gases and routine ECG’s.
- Graduate of an AMA, CAAHEP or CoARC approved Registered Respiratory Therapist or Pulmonary Function Technology training program, or enrolled in the program and completed the educational requirements needed to obtain national and state licensure as specified below
- Six months clinical experience in respiratory care and/or pulmonary function testing in non-critical care environments
- Will consider new grad with strong recommendations
- Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) certified by the American Heart Association required upon start
- Either Respiratory Therapist (RT) licensed by Oregon Health Licensing Office (HLO) or a Respiratory Therapist Temporary License from the Oregon Health Licensing Office (6 months duration and must perform under supervision and pending passage of the qualifying examination) required upon start
- For Asante Three Rivers Medical Center only: Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certified by the American Heart Associate is required upon start (in addition to the BLS)
- Certified Pulmonary Function Technologist (CPFT); or Registered Pulmonary Function Technologist (RPFT), preferred
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to collect, analyze data
- Self-motivated, requiring minimal supervision
- Effective time management skills
- Strong communication skills (listening, verbal, non-verbal)
- Ability to function as an effective team leader
What We Offer
- Competitive starting wage
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
- Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
- Generous Earned Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
Interested? Contact Tara Baker at Tara.Baker@asante.org